Sunday, April 10, 2011

General Conference - Spiritual Sunday

Last weekend was General Conference. I seriously LOVE General Conference. When I was younger I really never watched the sessions. I don't think it was until I got married that I really started to enjoy sitting down and watching it in it's entirety. 
One thing I love about it is that it always seems as though SOMEONE speaking says exactly what I need to hear. Elder Holland said "If we teach by the Spirit and you listen by the Spirit, some one of us will touch on your circumstance, sending a personal prophetic epistle just to you." How true that statement is! And how wonderful. 
Wonderful that one person can speak to millions of people, and send a message directly to someone in need. 
I loved Elder Scotts talk, "The Eternal Blessings of Marriage". He shared some things he had done for his wife over the course of their mortal lives together. He told of an experience he had with his son who was sick at the time; caring for him in the middle of the night and consoling him. Several months later, their son passed away and he was grateful for that time he had with him, to love him and care for him. 
You could feel the love that he has for his wife on the other side of the veil. That is the kind of marriage I want to have, the kind I want to work for.
I could write for days about all the things I loved about conference, but that was ultimately my favorite talk from the 4 sessions that I watched. Conference weekend is so uplifting, so positive and filled with hope. Monday rolls around and I always wish that I could keep that spiritual high for the next 6 months, until the 

October Conference. 
All the talks are available to read, watch and download on the Church website. Read them. Embrace them. Your life will be greatly improved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment