Thursday, April 21, 2011

Banoffee Pie - Tasty Thursday

I made this pie last weekend, and wow. It was REALLY good, but REALLY rich. I ate a super tiny sliver of pie, because the sweetness was intense! It was incredibly easy, though, which was awesome. The recipe I'm about to link to calls for a can of sweetened condensed milk. You boil the can in a pan of water for 2 hours and it turns into toffee! Yeah, how cool is that? However, I didn't feel like watching it boil for 2 hours so I used a can of Dulce de Leche.

I used the Albertsons brand Fudge Striped Shortbread cookies to make my crust. It was yummy, and a nice change to just a normal graham cracker crust. I think the crust would also work good for a homemade ice cream pie.

The pie was almost gone the night I made it, but we had a few slices that held up for another 2 days. I would not keep it any longer than that, the bananas on the 2nd day were pretty brown and not as attractive, but Kellen said it still tasted just as good.
Anyways, you can find the recipe here @ Smashed Peas & Carrots.
image from Smashed Peas & Carrots, and I put just as much chocolate on mine, and it looked AMAZING :)

No comments:

Post a Comment