Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spoiled - Whatever Wednesday

When I first married my husband, there was no way he could fall asleep if I was too close to him. And to be honest, I liked my space as well :)
Over the past months we have grown so much closer to each other because of things that we've had to go through together. Our choice was to either come together or go it alone. The choice was relatively easy, and it's safe to say we love each other more today than we did 6 months ago, and more than we did 4 years ago.
For awhile now, I have been falling asleep in my husbands arms. It's so odd, because 4 years ago there is no way we could have fallen asleep that close to each other.
It feels safe to me, it feels warm and it feels like home. I am grateful each night that I have him in my life. We even talked about it a few days ago, how strange it is that we can sleep that way now.
He spoils me. He tells me he loves me so much more now, and I can feel it. And I love it.
He found this song a few years ago and told me it was 'our song'. It truly is 'our song' now. (just um, disregard the random make out at the beginning...)
Our love has changed. At first, I didn't want those changes, I wanted things to stay how they had been. But it was for the better. He is truly my best friend, and I am so spoiled.

*ok, for the record, things aren't always perfect, but sometimes it's good to take a minute and reflect on how blessed we really are....

No comments:

Post a Comment