Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Notebook

I haven't seen the movie in it's entirety, but I think I have seen the ending. I'm not really sure. Either way, I started reading the book last night. Books are always better, anyways.
At the beginning there is a line from another character, Gus, and he tells Noah that your first love changes you forever and you'll never forget them, something like that.
I was lying in bed reading, so when I was done I asked Kellen who his first love was. He thought for a minute and said that in high school,  there was a girl he really liked, and he thought that she had a lot of characteristics of someone he'd want to marry someday and that she was someone who he thought he could have loved.
Then he said, "But I've never loved anyone the way I love you."
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I almost melted right there.
No one is perfect, and we're not perfect. But we try SO hard to be each other's best friend. It's funny...when you first get married, you are two people trying to bring your lives together and learn to live with each other.
Now, 4.5 years down the road, 2 kids, lots of tears, lots of laughs, heartaches and happiness, multiple car purchases, 4 moves and a house later...our lives are so intertwined that I don't know where I end and he begins. One of us usually says exactly what the other is thinking, and we laugh and say "that is so weird!"



But it is so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment